The Chicagoland Fishing, Travel & Outdoor Expo — Your customers will be here. Will you?
Wondering how to best market your company and products to today’s consumers? Wondering where your next sale is coming from? We can help!
Exhibiting at the Chicagoland Fishing, Travel & Outdoor Expo is a cost-effective way to promote your products and services. The show’s mix of products, education, attractions and entertainment draws a highly targeted audience of boaters, fishermen, hunters and outdoors enthusiasts. It’s an experiential marketplace that connects with people in a way no other form of marketing can, and lets you reach prospects at the best time time to make a sale—when they are looking!
3-Year attendance average of 19,642
63% said their primary reason to attend was "to buy"
88% of attendees made a purchase.
- 12.8 million people live within 100 miles of Schaumburg, IL.
- Total population (MSA) exceeds 10 million and ranks 3rd behind only New York City and Los Angeles.
- The Chicagoland’s metro’s median household income is $61,019.
- Serving over four million sportsmen and women in the Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana region.
- The market spends over $317 million annually on fishing tackle and $5.4 billion on all fishing/hunting gear and travel.
The convention center is approximately 25 miles northwest of downtown Chicago.
- A modern convention center.
- 100,000 square feet of well lighted space.
- Exhibitor-friendly – self move-in, set-up and move-out.
- Serving the over four million sportsmen and women in the northern Illinois, southern Wisconsin and northwest Indiana region.
- Full service show contractor to assist with all your furniture and electrical needs.schaumburg convention center
- Conveniently located at the intersection of I-90 and I-290 (Rte. 53) providing easy access from all directions.
- Free parking for both attendees and exhibitors.
- Moderately priced Renaissance Hotel connected to the convention center.
Meet Our Audience
SportShows consumer expos are the busiest outdoor sporting events in their respective markets and deliver a highly qualified audience of outdoor enthusiasts.
3-year attendance average
Are Repeat Visitors
Came "to buy"
Made Purchase at Show
This is what our past exhibitors have to say:
“As a destination, we pick and choose our markets, and our shows, to maximize our ROI. The Chicagoland Fishing, Travel and Outdoor Expo is a well done show. We get to rub elbows with a valuable demographic which is beneficial to our strong fishing destination, Lake of the Woods in Minnesota. Many of the attendees are willing to travel and most are in a position to do so. We appreciate the show takes place in a nice facility, the Schaumburg Convention Center located in a NW suburb of Chicago.”
Executive Director, Lake of the Woods Tourism
“The staff at SportShows understand fishing and boating shows, especially in locations such as their Chicagoland event. Tod Alberto and his staff provide fishing-focused excitement to our customers during a Midwest winter weekend, and it provides Daiwa the opportunity to put a great focus on all the Daiwa freshwater tackle for everything from muskies and walleye, largemouth and smallmouth bass, panfish and trout, and then our specialty tackle for the Great Lakes salmon and steelhead scene. They have great area tackle shop exhibitors so Daiwa’s corporate support of the show does lead directly to local sales. Even for the Daiwa’s staff here in California, we look forward to a January weekend in Chicago. Good pizza is a bonus.”
Daiwa Corporation, Senior Marketing Manager
VP of Sales – Ferguson Keller Associates, INC.
(Daiwa, J-Braid, XZone, Rod Glove)
“Outstanding attendance with good sales & leads, 1st class facility, professional & hardworking staff, easy in and out, and all quality exhibitors. What else could you ask for…. we love it!! We’ve been coming for over 10 years and provided it continues performing like this count us in every year.”